|Position:||Mobile Games Artist – Midlands (UK) - Salary £Neg – Games|
|Employer:||OPM Recruitment Ltd|
|Location:||UK - Midlands|
|Date posted:||Friday, July 18th 2014|
Location: Midlands (UK)
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Job Type: Permanent
Project: Mobile Games
OPM are delighted to be working with this independent Games Studio that was founded by industry veterans.
They are now in the position to hire an experienced and enthusiastic Artist to join their outstanding team of artists. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly motivated team of talented developers and industry veterans working on an exciting new AAA multiplayer game experience.
- Production of art assets for mobile title based on original pc content
- Work with the Art lead to review and integrate outsourced art assets into the game database and pipeline.
- Work with the Art lead to review art production workflows
- Flexible artist able to work on a variety of production areas from meshes, texturing, rigging and animation
- An aptitude for the production of high quality highly stylised assets and hand painted textures in the creation of immersive worlds.
- Excellence in the fundamental principles of animation and its application to game play and player usability.
- Ability to reflect the character, style, quality and specifications of the project through animation.
- Exhibits a strong understanding of rigging, skinning and model deformation.
- Highly skilled in the use of Z-Brush, Maya and Photoshop.
- Proven track record in the creation and implementation of in game assets.
- A solid understanding of colour theory, surface, form, scene composition, lighting, proficient resource allocation and an appreciation of game level design.
- Ability to work to a defined art style, within technical specifications and the spirit of the project.
- Proactive in the translation and development of an asset from brief or concept through to a quality finished in game product within a specified time frame.
- Good aptitude for problem solving and self-starting with the ability to work with minimal direction.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of mixed disciplines, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for producing games of exceptional calibre.
- Traditional art skills
- Scripting knowledge
- Rigging experience
- Experience in creating texture assets in a physically based, HDR lighting pipeline
- Experience with agile production methodologies
- Experience with providing specifications and written feedback to external vendors
Please note: my client is unfortunately unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Due to the Coalition Government's immigration limits their ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship.
To ensure a speedy application please email your up to date CV in MS WORD FORMAT and Show Reel to email@example.com
So what are you waiting for? Don't miss out on this great career opportunity!
Claire Ramshaw | Senior Art Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214413 |
Email: Claire@opmjobs.com |
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.