|Position:||PR, Community & Social Media Manager|
|Location:||Australia - Sydney|
|Date posted:||Thursday, July 10th 2014|
• Rare opportunity to join the ANZ Marketing Team
• Dynamic and exciting industry
• Fun office environment
• Full-time role, based in Ultimo
Ubisoft is composed of over 9,200 talented people located in 28 countries across the globe. With 80% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company's 29 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands such as Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Driver®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Far Cry®, Just Dance®, Prince of Persia ® and many more.
With an expansive distribution network in 55 countries, Ubisoft is a global company in close contact with its local fans.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
• Major focus on online games, as well as boxed product.
• Manage the PR/Publicity process to maximise media exposure for the allocated brands
• Lead, develop and execute PR Plans (in conjunction with the Group Brand Team) for titles ensuring all objectives are met in a timely fashion and within allocated budget.
• Maintain a database of key contacts – and maintain regular correspondence and develop new media channels
• Negotiate additional media coverage via partnerships, competitions and giveaways
• Co-ordinate management of publicity launches and events as required. Manage and chaperone developer visits (in conjunction with the Group Brand Team) as required
• Monitor media and produce coverage reports for local and international reporting.
• Responsible for regular communication on Ubisoft social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) per allocated brand.
• Produce timely reports and recommendations based on feedback from the community through the forums, social media and events.
• Maintain accurate social media analytics and communicate updates to appropriate team members
• Develop and execute initiatives to drive growth and recruitment across social media platforms (e.g. Facebook and Twitter) for allocated brands
• Develop direct relationships with consumers and brand advocates via community initiatives and events
• Manage the flow of assets to the community database, such as community websites, YouTubers, blogs and forums.
• Lead, develop and execute community plans for key titles.
• Inform and respond to community discussion always in an enthusiastic and professional manner.
• Actively monitor Australian online communities for discussion and feedback on our titles.
To be considered for this position:
• Degree qualified with 2 – 3 years relevant experience in a PR role
• An interest in Community & Social Media
• Established contacts with mainstream and/or gaming media preferred
• Organised and able to prioritise tasks
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint & web browsers.
• Familiar with Social Media Platforms
• Analytical and results orientated. Attention to detail is essential.
• Self-driven and motivated. Able to work autonomously.
• Also a team player. Successful candidate will work closely with all teams within the business.
• Experience in a similar role would be preferable.
• The ability to have a laugh and work as part of a team.
• Interest in video games industry is a bonus
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career in a leading international entertainment company, in a highly supportive environment as part of a wider marketing team.
If you would like the opportunity to actively contribute towards Ubisoft’s ongoing success then forward your resume to HR@ubisoft.com.au quoting PR0714. Submissions close Friday 18th July 2014