|Position:||PSN - Xbox LIVE - Steamworks API Expert needed - South UK|
|Employer:||OPM Recruitment Ltd|
|Location:||UK - South|
|Date posted:||Friday, November 1st 2013|
Location - South UK
Job Type - Permanent
Platform - Next and Current Gen Console, PC and Mobile.
Salary - Excellent Salary available DOE
One of the UK longest established Games developers needs a Network Programming expert to get their hugely popular IP out across multiple platforms including Next Generation Platforms.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in games industry using C/C++, with experience of using Playstation Network (PSN), Xbox LIVE and/or Steamworks APIs for matchmaking, stats and leaderboards for online multiplayer games. Experience of TCP and UDP socket programming in production code is preferred.
First class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject would be preferred. Candidates with other degrees and those without higher academic qualifications are still encouraged to apply if they meet all of the experience criteria above.
- Write and develop network code for next generation consoles and iOS / Android (mobile)
- Integrate with APIs such as Playstation Network, Xbox LIVE and Steamworks
- Maintain existing code for multiplayer and online functionality
- General multiplayer game programming and testing
- General engine programming
- Strong C/C++ skills
- Knowledge of Playstation Network, Xbox LIVE and/or Steamworks APIs
- TCP and UDP socket programming
- Enthusiasm for games
- Knowledge of network configuration (e.g. firewalls and routing tables) would be an advantage
To apply please send a CV to email@example.com
Max Hurd - Programming Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214420