|Position:||Senior UI Artist - £DOE - North - Multi Platform|
|Employer:||OPM Recruitment Ltd|
|Location:||UK - North|
|Date posted:||Thursday, September 12th 2013|
Job Type: Permanent
Job Number: 17727
OPM's client is a fully independent video game developer and publisher that was founded in 1990.
They develop and publish entertainment software for a wide range of digital download platforms that include PC (Steam), Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade, Sony PlayStation Network (PS3, PSP), Nintendo Wii Ware, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad, Apple Mac (Steam) and also social media platforms such as Facebook.
UI Role Responsible For:
- Creating or assisting in the creation of GUI, HUD and menu system concept artwork and game artwork to a high standard.
- Working with the lead artist and production staff to create realistic and efficient schedule data.
- Working with the lead designer and lead artist on how best to create the most fluid, elegant and engaging GUI, HUD and menu systems.
- Working to technical constraints set by the lead artist.
- Working side by side with programmers, designers, other artists and production staff to produce game art that will accomplish the best possible aesthetic gaming experience.
Standards of Performance:
- To produce work that meets the expected quality of the company
- All work should be performed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- To ensure that work supports overall design direction.
- The taking of art requirements and turning written documents, spoken instruction or rough concept images into viable concept or production artwork within a given specification.
- The application and maintenance of a consistent art style throughout all produced work and the ability to adapt artistic style as and when required.
- To give input on relevant design, programming or production issues and provide creative solutions.
- To be involved in the clarification of and scheduling of production art tasks.
- To be technically proficient in the software used in creation of all required art assets.
- To be part of a team and actively take part in discussions and meetings concerning game art both pro-actively and when requested to do so. In short, to project a collaborative work ethic.
- To accept constructive criticism of work and be willing to make changes where necessary.
- To troubleshoot and seek solutions to art related problems and to assist or mentor less experienced artists.
Is this you? Then email your CV along with demo work (max 5mg) to firstname.lastname@example.org (MS Word format)
Claire Ramshaw | Senior Art Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214413 |
Email: Claire@opmjobs.com |
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.