|Position:||Server Engineer – Scottish Mobile/Social Gaming Developer|
|Employer:||OPM Recruitment Ltd|
|Location:||UK - Scotland|
|Date posted:||Friday, April 25th 2014|
Job Title – Server Engineer – Scottish Mobile/Social Gaming Developer
Job Location – Scotland
Job Type – Permanent Job Salary – Competitive
Job ID - 2712
OPM are working with a studio looking for a Server Application Engineer to join a growing and talented server team where the winning candidate can apply system admin and engineering skills to drive the delivery of the studios innovative, engaging and enjoyable games across the mobile and social gaming landscape. Duties of the role
- Analyse features and user stories requested by client teams to implement server APIs for our Facebook and mobile games.
- Work with a scalable server cluster which provides a range of services to our designers, producers and end users.
- Work with a scalable, highly available database cluster using sharding and replication.
- Utilise various cloud computing services from Amazon Web Services (AWS), including EC2, S3, CloudWatch, Route53, SNS, SQS, etc.
- Help us find new and innovative solutions to develop and maintain our scalable and reliable architecture.
Skills and experience
- Knowledge and experience with two or more server-side languages/technologies (PHP, NodeJs, Ruby, ASP.Net, Java, etc.) NodeJs preferable.
- Experience in database design and development (MySql, Microsoft SQL, etc.).
- Knowledge of NoSql databases, such as MongoDB, would be beneficial.
- Familiar with scalability, sharding and partitioning solutions for servers and databases.
- Experience releasing new software and deploying updates to a live environment.
- Familiarity with Linux, scripts, and server hardware would be a plus.
- Experience with Amazon AWS or similar cloud-based solutions advantageous.
- Passionate about social and mobile gaming and technology.
- Ability to excel in a small team environment.
- Recent university graduates are welcome to apply for graduate level position.__
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Daniel on +44 (0) 1206214418 or mail a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org RECOMMEND A FRIEND - Refer a friend to OPM and if we successfully place them in a new permanent role you will receive £300. Daniel Fox|Senior Technical Consultant Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214418 Email:email@example.com Skype: daniel.fox.opm Tel: +44 (0) 1206 214421 Fax: +44 (0) 1206 214429 www.opmjobs.com