|Position:||Technical Animator/Rigger – Guildford (UK) – £23k-£37k – AAA Games|
|Employer:||OPM Recruitment Ltd|
|Location:||UK - South East|
|Date posted:||Friday, March 1st 2013|
Job Title: Technical Animator/Rigger
Job Type: Contract for 12 months
Platforms: Console & PC
My client is seeking a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Technical Animator to be a key contributor on an unannounced game title. The ideal candidate is somebody who is passionate about games and has previous experience implementing, managing and maintaining rigging and animation tool sets.
The focus of the role is to continually develop their in house rigging tools, ensuring that their rigs can meet the standards and expectations of their animation team. You will also be responsible for ensuring the animation team have all the supporting tools required for fast interaction and iteration with the rigs.
• Maintain and develop their in house rigging tool, ensuring that it meets the demands of Animation and the requirements of the project
• Work with the animation team to develop rigging prototypes
• Help in the development of Animation and Skinning tools
• Identify areas of the rigging workflow/pipeline that can be optimized and streamlined
• Problem solve and give support to all content creators as and when its needed
• Offer solutions and/or techniques to working with cloth and physics
• To ensure their rigging team can deliver a constant flow of rigs on time
• To ensure that their rig building tool can build characters and creature components required by the game
• Maintain and improve their rigging and skinning pipeline processes to ensure deliverables are all made on time
• Previous experience of developing and working with procedural rigging tools.
• Extremely strong rigging ability
• Shipped at least one AAA title where you we’re at least in part responsible for the development and maintenance of rigs.
• Experience working closely with Animation Teams, and understanding their needs and requirements
• Excellent knowledge of Maya
• Excellent knowledge of Python, PyQt and PyMel
• Be able to work within pre-existing code bases and develop them further
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to self-manage
• Experience with the Maya API and C++ skills a plus
• Excellent communication skills across both artistic and technical disciplines.
• Pro-active at problem solving
• Previous experience using Apex or other cloth solvers a plus
A competitive salary is on offer for the successful applicant as well as working on an exciting project. All applicants must be eligible to work in the EU.
To ensure a speedy application please email your up to date CV in MS WORD FORMAT and Show Reel to email@example.com
Opportunities like this don’t come around every day so apply now for you chance to work at one of Europe’s hottest games studio!
Jon Norfolk | Art & Animation Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214425
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.