|Position:||UI Designer – 12 Month Contract – Guildford - £DOE|
|Employer:||OPM Recruitment Ltd|
|Location:||UK - South East|
|Date posted:||Friday, February 22nd 2013|
UI Designer – 12 Month Contract – Guildford - £DOE
The designer will work hand in hand with UI artists and engineers to effectively design systems and flows for the studios next game. You will be an integral team contributor and involved in the complete development process from start to finish.
• Design interfaces, screen flows and art elements
• Concept, wireframe, storyboard, design and oversee implementation of your designs
• Work closely with artists, designers, and engineers to develop a quality experience in a timely manner without sacrificing quality
• Design a compelling experience for in and out of game user interface and menus that are easy to understand and use.
• Create conceptual wireframes, user flow diagrams, and high-fidelity prototypes to solidify design direction and plans.
• Work closely with design and technology teams to conceptualize and prototype interface functionality, look, and feel.
• Identify priorities and gaps in current designs, and contribute creative solutions.
• Maintain familiarity with the game’s user interface design, both the development and live product
• Experience as a UI designer, with at least 2 released console titles.
• Strong understanding of design and UI functionality
• Expert knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio, Flash, and standard tools of the trade.
• Up to date on the latest design trends, concepts and studios
• Able to design layout / user interface story boards and process flow charts
• Awareness of current trends in web and user interface design
• Able to synthesize new information and feedback in order to distil it to the most critical issues and draw accurate conclusions
• Able to work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative setting
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• A passion for video games, especially in the action or RPG genres
For the opportunity to be part of this team please send your cv (MS Word Format) and work examples FAO Catherine to email@example.com or call +44 1206 214416
Catherine Cope| Design Consultant
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214416 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Skype: catherine.cope.opm
LinkedIn - http://uk.linkedin.com/in/catherinecopeopm
Twitter - gamesdesignjobs
The salary bracket is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.