Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag has won this week’s heated race to claim the UKIE GfK Chart-Track UK No.1 spot.
EA’s Battlefield 4 has to settle for second place in its first week, although both titles fail to match the numbers recorded by their respective previous instalments – presumably as many chose to hold on for the release of Xbox One and PS4 later this month.
Sega’s Football Manager 2014 debuts in sixth place (with sales down seven per cent year-on-year) with seventh claimed by 2K Games’ debutant WWE 2K14.
Here’s the UK Top 20 in full for the week ending November 2nd:
1. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft)
2. Battlefield 4 (EA)
3. FIFA 14 (EA)
4. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
5. Batman: Arkham Origins (Warner)
6. Football Manager 2014 (Sega)
7. WWE 2K14 (2K Sports)
8. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
9. Skylanders: Swap Force (Activision)
10. Pokemon Y (Nintendo)
11. Pokemon X (Nintendo)
12. Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft)
13. Disney Infinity (Disney)
14. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
15. F1 2013 (Codemasters)
16. LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Warner)
17. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
18. Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft)
19. Saints Row IV (Deep Silver)
20. Moshi Monsters: Katsuma Unleashed (Mind Candy)