It’s the first time that Command & Conquer has sat at number one since the success of Tiberian Sun in August 1999.
Codemasters’ Brian Lara International Cricket also makes way for EA’s future war-sim, claiming fourth spot, whilst Sega’s Virtua Tennis 3 also drops one place to number five.
Ubisoft’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and EA’s UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 are both heavy climbers, claiming sixth and seventh respectively. They’re also the only two titles in the Top Ten to increase their sales this week.
Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories drops two spots to number eight, just ahead of EA’s Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 which claims ninth spot for the second successive week. A five-place drop sees Activision’s Call of Duty 3 cling on to its Top Ten spot in tenth position.
Elsewhere in the Charts, EA trio Medal of Honor: Vanguard, Burnout Dominator and Theme Park debut in 11th, 32nd and 38th respectively.
1. Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (EA)
2. Resistance: Fall of Man (Sony)
3. Motorstorm (Sony)
4. Brian Lara International Cricket 2007 (Cricket)
5. Virtua Tennis 3 (Sega)
6. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Ubisoft)
7. UEFA Champions League 2006-2007 (EA)
8. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (Rockstar)
9. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 (EA)
10. Call of Duty 3 (Activision)