Call of Duty: Black Ops II was 2012's biggest selling game of the year at UK retail.
The latest report from GfK Chart-Track reveals that the shooter pipped FIFA 13 to the No.1 spot. The two blockbusters are streaks ahead of the rest of the charts. Assassin's Creed III made third place, Halo 4 made No.4 while Hitman: Absolution rounds off the Top Five.
All five games were released in the last two months of the year.
The Top 20 Games of 2012:
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Activision
2. FIFA 13 - Electronic Arts
3. Assassin's Creed III - Ubisoft
4. Halo 4 - Microsoft
5. Hitman Absolution - Square Enix
6. Just Dance 4 - Ubisoft
7. Far Cry 3 - Ubisoft
8. FIFA 12 - Electronic Arts
9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Bethesda
10. Borderlands 2 - 2K Games
11. Mass Effect 3 - Electronic Arts
12. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - Warner Bros
13. Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Electronic Arts
14. FIFA Street - Electronic Arts
15. Mario & Sonic: London 2012 Olympic Games
16. Skylanders Giants - Activision
17. Battlefield 3 - Electronic Arts
18. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - Activision
19. Max Payne 3 - Rockstar
20. Sleeping Dogs - Square Enix