We were treated to a genuine chart battle in the UK this week – and EA’s Crysis 3 has emerged triumphant.
Crytek’s high-tech first person shooter captures the top spot this week, with Konami’s Platinum-developed Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance having to settle for (a still impressive) second place.
We cannot publish the exact sales numbers, although we can say that it was close with only 5,500 unit sales between them.
Xbox 360 claimed 57 per cent of Crysis 3’s sales while PS3 accounted for 61 per cent of Metal Gear’s.
Neither game can match the week one numbers posted by Sega’s Aliens: Colonial Marines or EA’s Dead Space 3, however. Speaking of which, last week’s No.1 Aliens slips to fifth this time out after an 84 per cent week-on-week sales dip.
NIS America’s Vita RPG Persona 4: Golden debuts in 32nd.
Here’s the UKIE GfK Chart-Track Top 20 for the week ending February 23rd:
1. Crysis 3 (EA)
2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Konami)
3. FIFA 13 (EA)
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
5. Aliens: Colonial Marines (Sega)
6. Dead Space 3 (EA)
7. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
8. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
9. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
10. Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)
11. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
12. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
13. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (Sega)
14. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
15. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
16. Halo 4 (Microsoft)
17. LEGO The Lord of the Rings (Warner)
18. Grand Theft Auto IV (Rockstar)
19. The Sims 3 (EA)
20. Forza Motorsport 4 (Microsoft)