RPG Dark Souls has sold 1.19m copies to become Namco Bandai’s most popular 2012 release across the US and Europe.
The sales figure was revealed in the publisher’s financial report for its fiscal year ending March 2012. It reported a year-on-year profit increase of 20 per cent.
Dark Souls was released on Xbox 360 and PS3 last October. It leads Namco Bandai’s top-selling games released during its 2012 financial year.
The best-selling games are as follows:
- Dark Souls (US, Europe) – 1.19m sales
- Ace Combat Assault Horizon (Japan, US and Europe) – 1.07m sales
- One Piece Kaizoku Musou (Japan) – 940,000 sales
- Tales of Xillia (Japan) – 770,000 sales
- Dragon Ball Ultimate Blast (Japan, US and Europe) – 700,000 sales
- Soul Calibur V (Japan and Europe) – 690,000 sales
- Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs (Japan) – 570,000 sales
- Ben 10 Racing (US and Europe) – 460,000 sales
A PC version of Dark Souls, the Prepare to Die Edition, will arrive on August 24th.