The latest issue of MCV is now available digitally, and it includes lots of post-game analysis of E3.
We lead with a round-up that points out how the Electronic Entertainment Expo this year has seen publishers focus on showing offgames for the core gamer, with mature themes and action titles pushed to the fore.
The magazine is available for iPad. Download our app now, which includes access to the last two years of MCV, and includes a free archive of back issues from during that time.
The issue's key content includes:
- COVER STORY E3: Core Blimey – The industry turns to guns, guts and gamers as it focuses on the hardcore market.
- COMMENT: Why E3 focused on core gamers this year, and how publishers are reacting to a lack of next-gen consoles
- Our verdict: the nine biggest surprises from Los Angeles this week
- NINE videos to go with the above report. Specifically: Xbox SmartGlass, Sony's Wonderbook, Wii U's line-up, Watch Dogs, Beyond: Two Souls, the next-gen Final Fantasy tech demo, LEGO City Undercover, South Park: The Stick of Truth and Star Wars 1313.
- Analysis of the big five press conferences and evaluating the strategies for Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, EA and Ubisoft
- Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot tells MCV why a combination of online and core games is making 2012 the publisher's most exciting year to date
- Interview with Rising Star's Martin Defries on balancing publisher's retail and download plans
- Improving the In-Store Experience: MCV talks to retail experts about shaking up the High Street
- Previews of The Amazing Spider-Man and the hottest DVD and Blu-ray releases
- PLUS: Six pages of charts and market data
More exclusive news, interviews, analysis and comment from the industry's big week in Los Angeles will follow in next week's issue too.