Sega has identified Sports Interactive’s latest as a key title in its Q4 marketing push and has high hopes for an even stronger performance than last year’s hugely successful Football Manager 2005.
The title will release initially on PC and Mac, with PSP and Xbox 360 versions planned for 2006. This move will give the title vital extra time to capitalise on the pre-Christmas retail rush.
“We aren't 100 per cent sure yet on the final date, but are expecting to be able to make a statement by the end of the week,” a spokesperson for developer Sports Interactive told MCV.
Sega Europe’s other main titles coming this Q4 are Creative Assembly’s Spartan: Total Warrior and Sonic Team’s Shadow the Hedgehog, which along with Football Manager 2006, boast seven-figure marketing budgets that include extensive TV coverage.
Sega’s release schedule in the run-up to Christmas:
- Sonic Gems (PS2/GC/PC), September 30th
- Total War: Barbarian Invasion (PC), September 30th
- Spartan: Total Warrior (PS2/Xbox/GC), October 7th
- Football Manager 2006 (PC/Mac), October 21st
- Sega Classics Collection (PS2), November 5th
- Shadow the Hedgehog (PS2/Xbox/GC), November 25th
- Sonic Rush (DS),November 25th