Printed in the Observer at the weekend, Loman got the nod for his entrepreneurial skills in founding one of the most successful online games networks.
"The quality of entrants to the media category has been astonishing, which bodes extremely well for the future media landscape in the UK,” IGA Worldwide’s Ed Bartlett, judge of the media category, stated.
"Rupert was the standout nominee, in more than one area; from showing the initial foresight to become involved with a rapid growth sector, to demonstrating fantastic entrepreneurial skills and mature business acumen from a young age."
The One to Watch winners in full:
* Fashion and Retail - Anna Scaife (Anna Lou of London)
* Travel and Leisure - Stephen Chapman (Make Travel Fair)
* Art and design - Benjamin Shine (Artist)
* Business - Ryan Notz (Buildersite.co.uk)
* Food - Vincent McKevitt (Tosseduk.co.uk)
* Drink - Will Beckett (Bar Owner)
* Media - Rupert Loman (Eurogamer.net)
* Science and Innovation - Charlie Paton (Ecological Innovator)
* Public Life - Sital Punja (Saricouture.com)
* Sports and Entertainment - Paul Hawkins (Inventor ‘Hawk-eye’)