This week, we talk to UK retailers about Nintendo’s new console, take a look at the hardware, discuss the Switch’s games both at launch and beyond, and share what the games industry thinks about what could be one of the most disruptive consoles the industry’s ever seen.
We also speak to YouTubers’ management agencies to find out why the platform’s influencers actually need management and how their role has evolved within the industry.
Meanwhile, Sold Out’s boss Garry Williams discusses the publisher’s impressive growth and why he believes it’s on track to enter the Top Ten publisher ranks this year.
We also catch up with IO Interactive ahead of Hitman’s physical release. The Danish studio talks about taking the murder simulator in a new direction and why it decided to release the latest entry in the series episodically.
The full contents of this week's issue are below:
- NEWS: UK retail optimistic about Switch, but divided on its price
- NEWS: Miniclip eyes console publishing as next big venture
- BIG RELEASES: Read more about the upcoming physical release of Abzû
- MOBILE CHARTS: We look back at how the mobile market performed in 2016
- NINTENDO SWITCH: The hardware, the release slate and what the industry thinks: here’s everything you need to know about the Switch
- YOUTUBERS: Meet the people managing the media’s new stars
- SOLD OUT: With Yooka-Laylee and Sniper Elite 4, Sold Out’s Garry Williams has his sights on the publishing big leagues
- HITMAN: As the bald assassin comes to physical retail, developer IO Interactive explains why it went episodic for Hitman 2016
- INDIE INTERVIEW: Dinosaur Polo Club’s Peter Curry discusses Mini Metro
- INSIGHT: Generation Media’s Joe Phelan looks at which television channel mixes advertisers are relying upon
- AKAMAI: Marketing director for gaming Nelson Rodriguez tells MCV about Akamai’s work with big publishers and how gaming is changing
- PLUS! Improbable appoints new lead content editor, Grand Theft Auto V tops the UK weekly charts again, Hitman merchandise range and more