For £5,500 consumers can now buy an altogether different video gaming collectible from UK retail GAME.
The chain has teamed up with STA Travel to offer ‘The Epic Gaming Adventure’, a four-week holiday visiting 13 different cities all of which are historically significant to the history of video games.
Described as a “pilgrimage across the globe”, the trip includes visits to Edinburgh, Seoul, Tokyo, LA, San Francisco and New York.
Here’s the full list:
· Edinburgh: The trip kicks off in Edinburgh, home to Rockstar North, creators of the Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Revolver and Max Payne franchises
· London: Whilst stopping over in London, visit the Loading Bar in Soho, modelled on the famous gaming cafes in Tokyo
· Phuket: Gamers will then hot foot it to Phang Nga Bay to bask in the sunshine of the beautiful Ko Tapu Islands, a setting frequented by Lara Croft in Tomb Raider Underworld
· Seoul: Visit Seoul, home to the world’s premiere online gaming e-Sports Stadium where professional gaming is taken to a whole new level - join thousands of fellow spectators to watch as top gamers take to the stage to battle
· Tokyo: Once you’ve made it to Tokyo, drop by legendary developer Konami’s headquarters. Whilst here, the must have visit for any gaming fanatic is the Taito Station - whilst arcades have all but disappeared from the UK, this famous Japanese location arguably offers the world’s best arcade gaming experience with fans from across the country flocking here
· Los Angeles: Now it’s off to the US for a cross-country trip. Kick off in L.A., the home of the annual E3 Games Conference and see the landmarks that inspired classic locations in L.A. Noire and Grand Theft Auto’s Los Santos.
· San Francisco: Take a trip to Santa Clare, the home of retro gaming just outside San Francisco, and the reputed birthplace of gaming, where the iconic Pong was developed by Atari Games in 1972.
· New Hampshire: The next stop on the gaming pilgrimage is a trip back in time to the Funspot Family Entertainment Center in New Hampshire, a classic gaming museum and arcade haven, open since 1952.
· New York: While in New York, visit various locations featured in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Crysis 3 before experiencing the typical Western landscape of Bandera County in Texas, which inspired the settings in titles such as Red Dead Redemption and Gun
“The Epic Gaming Adventure is an all-out celebration of gaming,” Game Retail MD Ailsa McKnight stated. “This ambitious trip will take gamers on a journey through the rich history of videogame culture, taking in the birthplace of modern gaming, to Seoul where it something of a national pastime, whilst taking a look at the exciting developments still to come.
“We understand gamers and want to offer the gaming community something more than the standard beach holiday. We think this will be a highly desirable Christmas present for any gamer.”
Interested? Click here.