An exciting new award, the Games Media Academy, will be introduced at the Games Media Awards 2013 this October.
The award is supported by Future, IGN, Gamespot, Network-N and, of course, Intent Media. This category was open to anyone who is currently NOT paid as a member of the games press.
10 finalists have been chosen, with their work being published in MCV over the coming weeks.
The finalists are:-
- Jon Evans, Kent
- Freddie Sehgal Cuthbert, Norwich
- Alex Forster, Grimsby
- Thomas Hedley, New Milton, Hampshire
- James Paul Lambert, Oadby, Leicester
- Francisco Dominguez, Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex
- Alysia Judge, Scarborough
- Coral Williamson, Bristol
- Jack Fuller, Caterham, Surrey
- Tom O'Rourke, Lincoln
The judging panel for this category will include representatives from IGN, Gamespot, Future, Network-N and MCV/Develop, with the winner receiving £1,250 of freelance commissions from the media partners.
The full list of GMA 2013 finalists can be seen here.