A new Metal Gear Solid set in an open-world? That’s more or less all we have to go on, but that’s enough.
We do know that it’s called Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (or is it Ground Zero? Opinion seems divided). And we also know that a Metal Gear Solid movie is in the works.
Although they’ve made four Metal Gear films already, right? Will you have to play a two-hour interactive introduction before you can watch the film? Etcetera etcetera etcetera.
Elsewhere we have what we believe is our very first confirmed PS4 and Xbox 720 game, and better still it has a rude word in it – Whore of the Orient, from the team behind our Game of the Day LA Noire.
There’s also an honest admission from the definitely real Frank Gibeau about the inevitability of job losses if EA acquires you. Happy days. Oh, and a warning – the story does contain more than one reference to the word ‘duplicative’.
So, the news then:
- EA Labels boss Frank Gibeau speaks about the reasons behind the recent PopCap job cuts – LINK
- Whore of the Orient will be a PS4 and Xbox 720 game – LINK
- And that made us think of LA Noire, so we made that our Game of the Day – LINK
- Appynation takes it to da man by calling out sites that charge publishers for reviewing their games – LINK
- Vita is going to kick retail’s arse this Christmas – LINK
- We’ve got an interview with none other than Peter Moore in this week’s MCV Magazine. You subscribe, right? – LINK
- The Amazon App Store has launched in the UK – LINK
- Forget Q4 – the upcoming festive quarter looks like it will last six months – LINK
- That GAME listing for Zelda: Majora’s Mask on 3DS was a massive lie – LINK
- The Archos GamePad offers a seven-inch tablet with proper, physical console controls – LINK
- The Guardian has been named as media partner of this year’s London Games Festival – LINK
- We also have the list of retailers that will be selling the limited edition Borderlands 2 Top Trumps game – LINK
- Star Wars: First Assault. What’s that then? – LINK
- Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake! – LINK
- Gearbox has also been talking up the next generation of consoles – LINK
- BioWare has recruited a helping hand for the development of Mass Effect 3 on Wii U – LINK
- Seriously, come on now – where the hell is Counter Strike: Global Offensive on PS3? – LINK
- Did you know you can now play some (well, three) Square Enix games in full HD from the comfort of your web browser? – LINK