Booya for Ouya, bender on Slender and minger for Zynga.
Which roughly translated means that it’s been a great day for Ouya, a bad day for the MCV journalist forced to play horrific indie title Slender and really not the best 24 hours for Zynga.
This is the news.
- Codemasters isn’t backing down on its plans for Grid 2, despite the internet having a right ol’ moan – LINK
- Sega and THQ have a change of heart and decide a trip to Germany would be a lovely jolly after all – LINK
- You know how we moaned about Microsoft fibbing to us about the New Xbox? Yeah, well, perhaps it’s understandable – LINK
- Our first ever “Add To Your Bookmarks” feature recommends the really quite delightful didyouknowgaming.com – LINK
- A Florida man has put his entire life – including his three profitable games stores – up for sale on eBay – LINK
- Gamescom 2012 is happening next week! Luckily, we have everything you need to know right here – LINK
- Today’s Game Of The Day is pretty much the scariest thing we’ve ever seen. Ever – LINK
- Japanese social games giant DeNA reports record revenues – LINK
- Ouya’s Kickstarter campaign draws to a close, raising a mammoth $8.5m+ in the process – LINK
- The news is less positive for HMV, with the retailer reporting a £16m loss – LINK
- If you’re on Twitter you may well have noticed that the finalists have been announced for the Games Media Awards 2012 – LINK
- Konami becomes the latest publisher to scrap a planned game patch because it doesn’t fancy shelling out – LINK
- MCV talks to EA Origin boss David DeMartini – LINK
- A number of BioShock Infinite’s lead developers have quit Irrational – LINK
- Having recently been stripped of his gaming responsibilities, former EA man John Schappert now turns his back on Zynga – LINK
- The US games market actually experiences some growth, though only in the digital sector – LINK
- It’s already the leading online games retailer, but now Steam is expanding to include non-games content – LINK
- Zynga and Argos buddy up for the UK release of themed board games – LINK
- MCV also chats to EA Sports head honcho Andrew Wilson – LINK