Warner Bros’ new fighting game Injustice: Gods Among Us is the new UK No.1.
It’s the first Warner title to top the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 since LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes in mid-2012.
The game improves upon the performance of its spiritual predecessor Mortal Kombat which managed a No.2 debut in early 2011. Injustice matches the sales of fellow brawler UFC Undisputed 3 from back in February 2012.
Nintendo’s critically complimented 3DS strategy title Fire Emblem: Awakening debuts in third place in its first week of release – and that’s despite some reports of limited availability on the High Street.
In addition, the limited edition Fire Emblem 3DS XL accounted for 31 per cent of the hardware’s total UK sales.
Here’s the Top 20 for the week ending April 20th:
1. Injustice: Gods Among Us (Warner Bros)
2. BioShock Infinite (2K Games)
3. Fire Emblem: Awakening (Nintendo)
4. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
5. Defiance (Trion Worlds)
6. FIFA 13 (EA)
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
8. Luigi’s Mansion (Nintendo)
9. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 134 (EA)
10. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
11. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
12. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner Bros)
13. Assassin’s Creed III (Ubisoft)
14. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
15. Gears of War: Judgment (Microsoft)
16. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (City Interactive)
17. Need for Speed Most Wanted (EA)
18. God of War: Ascension (Sony)
19. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed (Sega)
20. Sleeping Dogs (Square Enix)