Sony’s Gran Turismo 5 has enjoyed a powerful debut in Japan, racing to the top of the weekly software charts and significantly propelling PS3 console sales.
When bundled versions of the game are included, GT5 sold a total of 431k units according to Media Create.
In turn PS3 hardware sales shot up from 29k last week to an impressive 69k for the week ending November 28th. PSP remained the weekly hardware winner, though, with sales of 77k.
For the year-to-date DS retains the advantage over PSp with total unit sales of 2.23m. PSP is up next (1.97m) followed by PS3 (1.31m), Wii (1.22m), Xbox 360 (192k) and PS2 (75k).
Here’s Media Create’s weekly software Top Ten:
1. Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
2. Super Robot Taisen L (DS)
3. Mario Sports Mix (Wii)
4. Super Mario Collection Special Pack (Wii)
5. Pokemon Black & White (DS)
6. Call of Dut Black Ops Subtitled Ver. (PS3)
7. Super Kaseki Horider (DS)
8. Dangan-Ronpa (PSP)
9. Power Pro Kun Pocket 13 (DS)
10. Wii Party (Wii)