Is the daily workload leaving you in search of new challenges? Do you yearn for a change of scenery, be it a new studio or a more significant relocation?
The MCV jobs board is the perfect place to seek out such opportunities, allowing you to browse a wide array of current vacancies from companies around the globe.
The latest Job Of The Week on the boards invites applicants to take on the responsibility of product marketing manager for IGN’s digital distribution service, Direct2Drive:
Title: Product Marketing Manager, D2D
Location: UK - London
Description: Product Marketing Manager, Direct2Drive
The key business objective is to establish Direct2Drive as the UK's number one independent PC games digital distribution service. We are looking for someone who will develop, manage and implement marketing strategy and activity to drive existing and new customers to direct2drive.co.uk whilst increasing retail footprint with software publishers and brand footprint within the video games industry.
· Service Direct2Drive UK publisher relationships including planning promotional activity and developing exclusive marketing incentives with digital distribution managers.
· Develop reporting systems and performance analysis for on-site promotional units alongside Direct2Drive US management to enable the completion and implementation of a UK merchandising strategy.
· Coordinate the design, build and tracking of multiple marketing campaigns utilising online house ad inventory across the IGN Entertainment network.
· Coordinate the design, build and tracking of weekly emails to multiple mailing lists across the IGN Entertainment Network.
· Coordinate activity with local partners to drive increased traffic and revenue to D2D UK including developing and implementing bespoke marketing activity for partners' media outlets.
· Drive increased opt-in and data acquisition for all relevant email lists.
· Assist in increasing local territory product licensing deals.
All of the above requires constant liaison with US colleagues to implement and coordinate all aspects of the marketing and merchandising process including developing seasonal pricing strategies and continual competitor analysis.
Skills & Experience:
· Strong experience within retail marketing roles (not necessarily the media or games industry but experience within these areas will be considered favourably).
· A complete practical understanding of direct marketing across all platforms: email, web, print, direct mail etc.
· Proven experience of delivering ROI for online marketing activity.
· An understanding of the digital download market and online retail marketplace including associated challenges.
· A passion for video games and interactive entertainment.
· The ability to work independently within a team to hit their objectives whilst contributing towards wider business objectives and strategies.
You must be eligible to be resident and entitled to work in the country in which the position is located. Accordingly, you must have legal rights to work in the relevant country before you make the application – we do not provide sponsorship.
Click here to find out more about the gameplay programmer position.
If this job opportunity doesn’t appeal to you, there are plenty more to consider on our jobs board, where you can also upload your CV and send it directly to recruiting companies.
Click here to find your ideal job.
If you’re a recruiter looking to find new staff, you can harness the diversity and experience of our vast readership. Contact email@example.com to find out more.