Even Microsoft’s three million plus selling Gears of War was only able to cling on to the top spot for one week. But Lost Planet’s ongoing success could be an indication that PS2’s iron grip on the software charts is loosening.
This is backed up by the success of Nintendo in this week’s charts. With resurgent stock levels helping to propel the likes of Wii Play from number 11 to number four, Nintendo claims eight titles in this week’s top 40, more than any other publisher and even better than the mighty EA, which claims seven.
1. Lost Planet Capcom
2. FIFA 07 EA
3. Pro Evolution Soccer 6 Konami
4. Wii Play Nintendo
5. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Blizzard
6. Wario Ware: Smooth Moves Nintendo
7. World Snooker Championship 2007 Sega
8. Need for Speed: Carbon EA
9. Cars THQ
10. Call of Duty 3 Activision