It marks the sixth time that the Beijing-themed outing has ruled the UK charts roost.
Nintendo’s Dr. Kawashima’s Brain Training continues its remarkable sales record by climbing one space to second, and it’s closely followed by two chart debutants – Ubisoft’s Lost: The Video Game and THQ’s Frontlines: Fuels of War, which claim third and fourth respectively.
Activision’s Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare clinches fifth spot, just ahead of Microsoft’s RPG epic Lost Odyssey which enters the charts in sixth position.
EA’s FIFA Street 3 enters the Top 10 for the first time this week, climbing from 11th to number eight, whilst the only other new release to enter the charts, EA’s The Sims 2: Freetime, does so in tenth spot.
Notable omissions from the Top 40 this week include two new releases – Capcom’s PS3 iteration of Lost Planet and Namco’s Xbox 360 title Beautiful Katamari.
The ChartTrack Top 10 in full:
1. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)
2. Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training (Nintendo)
3. Lost: The Video Game (Ubisoft)
4. Frontlines: Fuel of War (THQ)
5. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Activision)
6. Lost Odyssey (Microsoft)
7. More Brain Training from Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)
8. FIFA Street 3 (EA)
9. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Konami)
10. The Sims 2: Freetime (EA)