We look at the latest TV advertising activity for games targeting men and look at the channels that draw the most TVRs.
This is provided by specialist communication firm Generation Media which focuses on the entertainment and leisure industries.
This week we take a look at the year-on-year weekly marketing dynamics from March 20th to August 7th, for males aged between 16 and 34 years old.
We also look at the games and consoles advertising exposure by channel.
Weekly market dyamics: Year-on-year change in men 16 to 34 TVRs (March 20th to August 7th, 2010 vs 2011)
- Games and consoles advertising fell to its lowest point year-to-date, with just 119 TVRs for men aged between 16 and 34 years old. This is 85 per cent less than the 2011 peak of 817 TVRs.
- This occurred despite two extra products on air (eight vs six). This is because, on average, each campaign was backed by less TVRs than in the same week last year (15 vs 35).
- The most heavily backed campaign last week was 505’s Zumba Fitness with 41 TVRs. In 2010’s corresponding week Art Academy led with 76 TVRs.
- The third week of decline from the last four resulted in the year-to-date figure falling to 22 per cent (from 23 per cent last week).
Weekly market dynamics: Games and consoles advertising exposure by channel (top 10)
- The channels that generate the most games and consoles individual TVRs are shown on the left as a percentage of the entire market. This is also compared to each channel’s percentage of all advertising individual TVRs.
- ITV1 has the largest share of games and consoles TVRs at 15 per cent. But this is lower than its average share of all ads, so it is less important to games and consoles than other channels.
- Channel 4 attains a higher than average share of the market. This reflects the channel’s bias towards younger and more tech-savvy audiences.
- Kids are an important target audience. This is shown in CITV’s share of the market at three per cent, triple its average share.
MCV?GameTime is provided by Generation Media. 0207 255 4650 l www.generationmedia.co.uk