This past week has been a busy one for Microsoft, with lots of Xbox developments both in India and globally. Elsewhere, Sony readies Move Street Cricket 2 for release and Vishal Gondal announces his departure from Disney.
Here’s a recap of all that made news in India over the past week courtesy MCVuk.com’ sister site MCV India.
- Microsoft unveiled new console bundles for India’s summer season, the most attractive of them being the 250 GB Xbox 360, which comes bundled with Batman: Arkham City, Darksiders 2, Gears of War 3 and Halo Reach. FULL STORY
- Move Street Cricket 2, the PlayStation Move cricket sequel from Trine Games, has gone gold and the PlayStation India Facebook page has published the game’s first promotional image. FULL STORY
- Microsoft has entered into a partnership with Indian telecom and broadband major Bharti Airtel to offer savings on Airtel broadband internet connections and free games to Xbox 360 buyers. The deal also benefits existing Xbox 360 owners and Airtel broadband subscribers. FULL STORY
- Vishal Gondal, founder of Indiagames and managing director at DisneyUTV Digital, will leave the company at the end of June, ending his 15-year association with the company. Gondal will be replaced by Sameer Ganapathy, who previously headed DisneyUTV’s media networks distribution business. FULL STORY
- Microsoft has re-priced several older Xbox 360 games and now offers a variety of games ranging from Rs 699 to Rs 2,999 in price. While titles like Alan Wake and Fable 3 are now at Rs 699, others like Crackdown 2 and Dance Central are now at Rs 1,199. FULL STORY
- Specialist retailer Game4u has expanded its presence in northern India with a new store in Chandigarh’s Elante Mall. Game4u is also present in Ludhiana, Jalandhar and Gurgaon in the north India region. FULL STORY
- Zapak Mobile has crossed the 100 million downloads milestone on the Nokia Store. The company offers over 350 games on the store, of which 22 have racked up more than a million downloads. FULL STORY
MCV India is a new digital venture from Intent Media, the UK publishing company behind the world’s leading video game b2b brand, MCV. Make sure you sign up to the MCV India newsletter. To find out how MCV India can support your business year-round across its online, email and social channels, contact Lesley Blumson on +44 (0) 1992 535 647 firstname.lastname@example.org.