This week on MCV India, we’ve taken up the case for something we believe the Indian games industry sorely needs – a dedicated trade body focussed purely on gaming.
There’s also been a fair amount of activity in the games retail space this week. And of course, with E3 recently concluded, we’ve also highlighted a couple of games that stood out for us.
Here’s a quick round-up of some of this week’s stories from MCVuk.com’s sister site, MCV India:
- Opinion: Why India desperately needs a dedicated trade body for gaming - How significant the Indian games industry is right now depends purely on whom you ask, and that needs to change. FULL STORY
- Microsoft U-turns on Xbox One used game, always-on policies - India still won’t get the console officially till late 2014, but in the latest policy reversals is hidden some good news for Indian Xbox fans. FULL STORY
- Monsoon sales hit retail - The monsoon isn’t exactly a season Indians look forward to, but it’s just the excuse retailers needed to offer huge discounts on games. FULL STORY
- Game4u now taking PS4 preorders - Sony still hasn’t announced if or when the PS4 will release in India, but that hasn’t stopped one retailer from starting its preorder campaign for the console. FULL STORY
- Mad Max: Five things you should know - We came away quite impressed from our behind-closed-doors preview of Avalanche Studios’ new Mad Max game. FULL STORY
Head over to MCV India for more of this week’s stories.
MCV India is a new digital venture from Intent Media, the UK publishing company behind the world’s leading video game b2b brand, MCV. Make sure you sign up to the MCV India newsletter. To find out how MCV India can support your business year-round across its online, email and social channels, contact Lesley Blumson on +44 (0) 1992 535 647 email@example.com.