Things are gearing up for the Freeplay Festival and EB EXPO this week, while Guy Blomberg takes on a new role and Joel van Daal joins MCV.
- Over the weekend, it was announced that PAX was going international for the first time ever. Destination? Australia. MCV's own Guy 'Yug' Blomberg has taken on duties marketing the event, as well as moving to a new event-specific role with MCV Pacific.
- Meanwhile, Joel Van Daal (pictured) has jumped ship from Next Media (PC Powerplay, HYPER) to work with MCV on advertising sales moving forward, and the whole team wishes him a very warm welcome.
- In other news, the EB EXPO list of hands-on titles has been revealed, with Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 headlining.
- Freeplay, the independent games festival kicking off in two weeks' time, has its full list of local and international speakers available online.
- Finally, Namco Bandai stakes a claim by announcing that it will host a Tekken Tag Tournament 2 tournament on the largest screen ever at Sydney's iMAX theatre, aiming to claim a Guiness World Record for the effort.
To register for the MCV Pacific News Digest, head to the registration page:http://www.mcvpacific.com/user/index/register/journey/register