NineMSN is getting into gaming a dedicated gaming channel and future plans to e-tail, while Call of Duty goes large and Aussie devs get a federal gaming fund.
- NineMSN, the online portal which has over 3 million visits to its homepage (about an eighth of the Australian population), has partnered with local site MMGN for gaming content to be added to its new channel GamesFIX, going live in mid-December.
- Alongside this announcement, Editor-In-Chief of NineMSN Hal Crawford noted his plans for the future of the site to involve selling games and associated products as well.
- MP Simon Crean announced a AUD$20 million federal fund for game development in Australia, the first proper support of the dev community from a federal level the country has seen in years.
- GameSpot posted an in-depth article talking to anonymous sources about the tension between EB Games and the local publishers, asking some hard questions about the relationship from both angles.
- Successful gaming TV show Good Game held a special trivia event at the Sydney Opera House.
- Call of Duty did anything but launch quietly, having over 350 stores open at midnight across the country.
- Re-emerging after leaving THQ when its Australian office closed, Luke Flesher has joined QV Software.
To register for the MCV Pacific News Digest, head to the registration page: http://www.mcvpacific.com/user/index/register/journey/register