Some personnel shifts down under this week, plus Wii U hits shopping centres in pop-up stores and a huge Asia-Pacific social gaming study.
- The Wii U has taken to shopping centres nationally, with pop-up stores demonstrating the console to eager consumers, and pictures of the events here.
- Spiral media has undertaken the largest ever study of Asia-Pacific social gamers, with some noteworth results.
- David Wildgoose has left Next Media, where he was Group Editor for PC Powerplay and HYPER. The former is being taken over by Daniel Hindes, the latter by former-HYPER editor Daniel Wilks.
- Daniel Scott has stepped up to take on the new head sales role at IGN Australia.
- MCV looks at ways to spot the difference between Scanavo Steelbooks and other metal case brands.
- Far Cry 3 marketing kicks off in ANZ in earnest, striking on all major fronts at once.
Plus a big thanks to everyone who submitted nominations for the inaugural MCV Pacific 30 Under 30. Results will be coming soon...
To register for the MCV Pacific News Digest, head to the registration page: http://www.mcvpacific.com/user/index/register/journey/register