There are stirrings about the newly implemented R18+ rating this week, with the first titles to merit the new age rating being classified.
- Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge for (interestingly) the Wii U will be Australia's first R18+ game, followed swiftly by Spartacus Legends from Ubisoft and Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel from EA.
- MCV weighs in on the merit of such a game to be classified for adults only.
- Meanwhile The Walking Dead was finally submitted for classification in Australia (after not being submitted at all without the R18+ rating early last year), only to find it warranted an MA15+ rating and never needed to be postponed to begin with.
- MCV interviews Ian Chambers about IGN Australia's participation in the global IGN culture.
- The federal AUD$20 million budget for game development stops accepting input from the industry this week and starts forming the official structure of the fund.