Outside of the giant PS4 news this week, Mortal Kombat gets an AU release date, Synthesis opens in Singapore and PAX helps out indie developers.
- Prior to the confirmation that second-hand games would be playable on Playstation 4, EB Games Marketing Director Shane Stockwell was downtalking the weight of the rumours.
- EB Games Managing Director Stephen Wilson, meanwhile, was delighted with the Playstation 4 and expressed his eagerness for the new hardware.
- Following the recent classification of Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition as R18+, Warner Bros has dated the Australian release of the title as 29th May.
- Localisation giant Synthesis has opened up a Singapore office to be the central hub of its Asian operations.
- PAX Australia has announced an Indie Showcase, where it will heavily promote the six best indie games made in Australia or New Zealand before and during the show.
- Sydney-based developer Nnooo has called for other independent developers to petition MP Andrew Stoner to renew the New South Wales Interactive Media Fund.