Hype grows around the MCV Pacific Awards this week, while there are a couple of movers and shakers and PAX Australia sells out.
- There's more MCV Pacific Awards news, as All Interactive Entertainment jumps onboard as the entryway sponsor for the event.
- Adam Guetti (pictured), co-founder of Australian gaming site Dusty Cartridge, has joined the Australian Official Playstation Magazine as a staff writer.
- Rebecca Tannous, Product Manager at Mindscape Australia, is leaving the industry with an as yet unannounced replacement set to start in the role next week.
- A new 'Triple A indie' studio has opened up in Melbourne, comprised of former EA, Atari, Crystal Dynamics and Criterion staff.
- Three months before the show is even set to start (and after it increased its capacity previously) PAX Australia has now completely sold out of tickets.
- Activision supports eSports down under, with the Australian and New Zealand qualifiers for the Call of Duty Championship taking place in Sydney.
- Australian and New Zealand reviewers agree with the rest of the world: Bioshock Infinite is simply an incredible game.