Nintendo is coming to PAX Australia, Naughty Dog is coming to Vivid Festival, and there's a fresh new infographic on Australia's social gamers..
Here’s a roundup of the biggest news this week on MCVuk.com’s sister site MCV Pacific:
- Voting has begun for the MCV Pacific Awards. Stay tuned to the site for the finalists soon!
- Nintendo has confirmed its attendance for PAX Australia, and is undoubtedly the first of many publishers to start making noise.
- EB Games is attempting to break its record from 2012 where it raised AUD$500k for the Starlight Foundation charity, this year celebrating the 25th birthday of the foundation by hosting a celebrity 25 hour game-a-thon at EB's flagship store in Swanston St, Melbourne
- Sony Computer Entertainment Australia is branching out from the usual highlights of a developer tour by bringing a developer from Naughty Dog out to talk all things The Last Of Us at the Vivid creative festival in Sydney, one of the highlights of Australia's festival circuit.
- Spiral Media has released an infographic delivering a succinct overview of the social gamers in Australia, and what they play when they're not playing on Facebook. The results suggest over AUD$200 million will be spent on games by so-called 'social gamers' in the next six months alone.
MCV Pacific is a new digital venture from Intent Media, the UK publishing company behind the world’s leading video game b2b brand, MCV. Make sure you sign up to the MCV Pacific Newsletter. To find out how MCV Pacific can support your business year-round across its online, email and social channels, contact Lesley Blumson on +44 (0) 1992 535 647 or email@example.com.