The IGEA welcomes new members this week, while Skylanders breaks a sales record and Saint's Row IV gets classified.
Here’s a roundup of the biggest news this week on MCVuk.com’s sister site MCV Pacific:
- The Interactive Games and Entertainment Association has decided to re-structure to allow new 'Associate Members', opening its doors for the first time to a variety of stakeholders throughout the industry. The first associate member to join is IGN Australia.
- Skylanders has broken the AUD$100 million mark in sales for Australia and New Zealand.
- Saint's Row IV has finally been given an Australian rating, now sitting comfortably at MA15+ after removing the alien anal probe and alien narcotics missions.
- IGN's new sales team is now complete with the appointment of a Consumer Sales Manager in the form of Adam Fischer.
- The Australian Classification Board revealed that Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition existed when the game was given its local classification on Wednesday.
- And for those looking to move to sunnier shores (yes, even in our Winter), there are currently PR roles open at Blizzard ANZ and award-winning agency One to Another.
- ONE TO ANOTHER
MCV Pacific is a new digital venture from Intent Media, the UK publishing company behind the world’s leading video game b2b brand, MCV. Make sure you sign up to the MCV Pacific Newsletter. To find out how MCV Pacific can support your business year-round across its online, email and social channels, contact Lesley Blumson on +44 (0) 1992 535 647