Down under this week, MCV looks at grey imports, GAME Australia seeks its own investors and R18+ passes the house of reps.
- A strong Aussie dollar has left many consumers locally frustrated at the high retail cost of videogames. MCV Pacific takes an in-depth look at the tension this effect is causing between retail and publishers, and what will come next for a market bound to have some teething issues to go through very soon.
- GAME Australia has confirmed to MCV Pacific that it is exploring its own options to acquire funding to stay afloat amidst the company's international woes.
- The R18+ bill has sailed through the house of representatives without issue, leaving only the Senate left before it can be implemented by each state.
- EA and SCE Australia have hosted the FIFA Interactive World Cup qualifiers at EB Games stores across Australia.
- MCV Pacific has struck a partnership with Game Tech to be a media supporter of the 2012 event. Game Tech is the only business-centric conference in the calendar year in Asia-Pacific, and this year will see speakers such as Ian Livingston and Philip Earl in line to deliver keynote addresses in June.