It's been a big week down under, with GAME entering into administration, so here's a breakdown of the entire saga.
- Monday: GAME Australia is officially confirmed to be in administration, with PriceWaterhouseCoopers taking up the task of facilitating the process. PriceWaterhouseCoopers offers an official statement on its intentions with GAME, indicating an intention to look for possibilities to keep the company afloat.
- Tuesday: Australian Minister Bill Shorten expresses his concern over the potential job losses at GAME and makes contact with PwC to implores it to do whatever it can to save the 500+ jobs which are at stake in the company. News also breaks that GAME Australia will be unable to fulfill pre-orders for Diablo III in some stores. Blizzard steps in to offer a free digital copy to any affected customers.
- Friday: PwC confirms that next Wednesday will see the first meeting with creditors take place simultaneously in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney.
- MCV also took a look back over the company's history and published a retrospective on the humble beginnings of The Games Wizards and what led to it becoming the GAME franchise we know today.
- MCV Pacific will be hosting a pre-E3 Australian / New Zealand games industry drinks night at The Standard Downtown on Sunday 3rd June.
To register for the MCV Pacific News Digest, head to the registration page: http://www.mcvpacific.com/user/index/register/journey/register