Metro Redux was the best-selling game at UK retail last week, according to the latest Ukie Games Charts, compiled by GfK Chart-Track.
The success of the double-pack re-release of the post-apocalyptic first-person shooter series on PS4, Xbox One and PC means that publisher Deep Silver has scored its first number one of the year.
Metro Redux is also the first top spot taken by the firm since last year’s release of Saints Row IV, which stayed at number one for four weeks.
Meanwhile, fellow next-gen re-release of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls as the Ultimate Evil Edition has dropped to second place, knocking Sony’s The Last of Us Remastered to number three.
This means that the three top spots in the overall retail charts are currently occupied by remastered re-releases of games released on the last generation of consoles.
Elsewhere in the chart, EA’s spin-off shooter Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare drops one space to four, while Call of Duty: Ghosts stays steady at five.
Other than the debut of Metro Redux in first place, the only other new entry in the Top 40 this week was the next release in EA’s American football franchise, Madden NFL 15.
The sports game debuted at number 6, one place higher than the debut position of last year’s Madden NFL 25.
See the full Top Ten below:
1. Metro Redux (Deep Silver) PS4, XO, PC
2. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition (Activision) PS4, XO, PS3, 360, PC
3. The Last of Us Remastered (Sony) PS4
4. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (EA) PS4, XO, PS3, 360, PC
5. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision) PS4, XO, PS3, 360, PC
6. Madden NFL 15 (EA) PS4, XO, PS3, 360
7. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar) PS3, 360
8. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft) 360
9. Watch Dogs (Ubisoft), PS4, XO, PS3, 360, PC
10. Titanfall (EA) XO, 360, PC