It was certainly a Merry Christmas for Nintendo in Japan.
NintendoLife reports that Famitsu figures show that eight of the country’s Top Ten best selling games for the period between December 23rd and December 29th were games for Nintendo systems, with 3DS outing The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds being the best selling.
The only non-Nintendo games to make the list are Square Enix’s PS3 and Vita releases Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster in third and fifth place respectively.
3DS was predictably the hardware winner with 208,893 unit sales. Less predictably Wii U continued its recent momentum by claiming second place thanks to 79,174 unit sales, beating PlayStation Vita’s 75,207.
PS3 sales continue to struggle ahead of the PS4’s Japanese release next month.
Here’s the software Top Ten:
1) The Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS) – 225,418
2) Puzzle & Dragons Z (3DS)– 198,968
3) Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3) – 182,638
4) Pokemon X and Y (3DS) – 156,483
5) Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (Vita) – 134,645
6) Wii Party U (Wii U) – 87,262
7) New Super Mario Bros U (Wii U) – 75,131
8) Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) – 71,159
9) Monster Hunter 4 (3DS) – 40,338
10) Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) – 37,300