It might have enjoyed some eye-watering user numbers in its first week of release, but the hyped Halo Reach beta has failed to topple FPS favourite Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and, perhaps more surprisingly, Halo ODST from the top of the Xbox Live Online Play listings.
By default the same number of players have access to the Reach beta as they do to ODST, as beta access to Bungie’s upcoming title was included in copies of ODST. So that Reach missed out to its predecessor must surely be down to preference.
It could of course also be down to the technical problems suffered by the Reach beta. The high number of players trying to access it have put a huge strain on Bungie’s servers.
Here are the Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UUs), courtesy of Major Nelson:
1. Modern Warfare 2 (Activision)
2. Halo 3: ODST (Microsoft)
3. Halo: Reach Multiplayer Beta (Microsoft)
4. Halo 3 (Microsoft)
5. Call of Duty: WaW (Microsoft)
6. FIFA 10 (EA)
7. Battlefield Bad Company 2 (EA)
8. GTA IV (Rockstar)
9. Call of Duty 4 (Activision)
10. Gears of War 2 (Microsoft)
11. UFC Undisputed 2010 Demo (THQ)
12. Splinter Cell Conviction (Ubisoft)
13. Left 4 Dead 2 (EA)
14. Skate 3 Demo (EA)
15. Forza Motorsport 3 (Microsoft)
16. NBA 2K10 (2K)
17. Game Room (Microsoft) combination of all GR titles
18. Split Second Demo (Disney)
19. NHL 10 (EA)
20. Borderlands (2K)