Bungie says that it feels ‘reborn’ after the success of its Destiny alpha on PS4 last week.
The short gameplay taster was made available to a select number of PS4 owners who applied for access, resulting in nearly 6.5m games played.
“Putting our Alpha out there lit a new kind of fire here at Bungie,” the Halo creators said. “It feels like we’ve been reborn.
“Putting alpha code out in the wild is always a risk; that build is ancient by our standards, riddled with content and bugs we’d never allow through to ship. In many cases, the really rough and jagged edges had been hammered smooth long ago, making it all the more difficult to see them discovered, but in just as many others, there’s still work to do, and the only way to get it done is to let you touch down in our world to tear the place wide open.”
A public beta is planned next month but I the mean time, here are some alpha stats:
- 6,461,871 Player Games Played!
- 149,522,313 Primary Weapon Kills
- 21,782,610 Secondary Weapon Kills
- 4,002,737 Heavy Weapon Kills
- 21,687,298 Super Ability Kills
- 2,819,211 Orbs of Light Gathered
- 6,850,773 Control Points Captured in the Crucible
- 1,195 Deathless Medals awarded in the Crucible
- 4,356 Splatters with the Sparrow
- 667,966 Public Events Joined
- 60,491,944 Fallen Dregs Dispatched with Extreme Prejudice
- Too many to count: Guardians served in Dance Parties