Ubisoft has said that a patch for the troubled PC version of Watch Dogs will be released “in the coming days”.
The game has had a troubled start to life, with modders claiming to have unlocked some allegedly deliberately blocked features and a promised patch to fix the numerous performance issues missing its ‘end of May’ release date.
Now the publisher says a patch for the game “will be available in the coming days” with a PS4 patch planned for release today and an Xbox One/360 patch “within the next week”.
Ubisoft doesn’t go into the specific of what issues will and will not be addressed beyond promising “several performance improvements”.
Here are the full details below:
MAJOR GAME FIXES
• Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
• Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.
• Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
• Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
• Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.
• Fixed several minor respawn issues.
• Fixed some connection and session joining issues.
PC SPECIFIC FIXES
• Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
• Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
• Implemented several performance improvements.
• Implemented a few control improvements.
• Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
• Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
• Implemented several mouse modifications.
• Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
• Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
• Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
• Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
• Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
• Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
• Added game version in main menu.