PlayStation dominated a decent month for UK games retail in June.
PS3 was the best selling console, The Last of Us the No.1 game, while Sony was the most successful publisher.
For the first time in years, more PS3 titles were sold last month than on any other platform. PS3 had a software market share (by value) of over 40 per cent, says GfK Chart-Track.
The success is largely down to Sony’s hugely successful new IP, The Last of Us. The game comfortably beat Animal Crossing: New Leaf to top the monthly charts. Grid 2 was the best-selling Xbox 360 game.
It was a decent month for games sales, overall. 1.85m units were sold, which is down 13.2 per cent over June 2012, but up 46 per cent over May 2013. In total stores took £44.5m from software alone.
The GfK Chart-Track June Top 10
1. The Last of Us – Sony
2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Nintendo
3. Grid 2 – Codemasters
4. FIFA 13 – EA
5. Tomb Raider – Square Enix
6. Far Cry 3 – Ubisoft
7. Dead Island: Riptide – Deep Silver
8. Assassin’s Creed III – Ubisoft
9. Injustice: Gods Among Us – Warner Bros
10. Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Activision