Crystal Dynamics has revealed the minimum and recommended requirements for the PC version of Tomb Raider, which it has developed in collaboration with long-time partner Nixxes.
The PC version will feature advanced settings for tessellation, SSAO, post-filter effects, and high resolution textures, shadows and cloths (up to 16x the amount of data).
On AMD GPU-powered PCs, the game will offer AMD’s HD3D and Eyefinity technologies.
The game will be Steamworks enabled for cloud save storage, multiplayer matchmaking, achievements, and automatic updates. It will also support Steam’s Big Picture Mode.
Lastly, the game will also allow mouse and keyboard control customisation and will support gamepads.
Unlike many recent PC games, Tomb Raider will be playable on Windows XP systems and the developers promise scalability options to allow the game to be played on older PCs.
Here are the minimum and recommended specs for Tomb Raider on PC:
Minimum system requirements:
- Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista,7,8 (32bit/64bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics with 512 MB video RAM: AMD Radeon HD 2600 XT/Nvidia 8600
- Dual core CPU: AMD Athlon64 X2 2.1 Ghz (4050+)/ Intel Core2 Duo 1.86 Ghz (E6300)
- 1 GB RAM (2 GB on Vista)
Recommended system requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8
- DirectX 11 graphics with 1 GB video RAM: AMD Radeon HD 4870/ Nvidia GTX 480
- Quad core CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 565/Intel Core i5-750
- 4 GB RAM
Tomb Raider is scheduled for release on 5th March for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
Sign up for the free MCV India newsletter here.