Rebellion and 505 Games’ Sniper Elite 3 is once again at the top of the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40 this week.
It holds on to the top spot despite a 36 per cent week-on-week drop in sales, matching the successive No.1’s of its predecessor.
Watch Dogs sits at second place for the third week in a row, while retail discounting helps FIFA 14 climb from sixth and third and 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil climb three places to eighth.
A 53 per cent increase in sales sees 3DS outing Tomodachi Life jump from 16th to 11th – again, thanks to discounting.
Despite the lack of new releases the overall market declined by just three per cent thanks to strong budget sales.
Here’s the UK Top Ten for the week ending July 5th:
1. Sniper Elite 3 (505 Games)
2. Watch Dogs (Ubisoft)
3. FIFA 14 (EA)
4. Titanfall (EA)
5. Wolfenstein: The New Order (Bethesda)
6. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)
7. EA Sports UFC (EA)
8. 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil (EA)
9. Minecraft: PS3 Edition (Sony)
10. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)