The latest addition to 505 Game’s Sniper Elite series has gone straight to the top of the UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40.
The title came out on both current and next-gen platforms, with 65 per cent of sales being for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
This is the second time that the series has topped the charts. 2012’s Sniper Elite v2 went straight to No.1 and stayed there for two weeks.
Ubisoft holds onto second place with Watch Dogs in spite of a 22 per cent dip in sales this week. Meanwhile EA Sports UFC falls from No.1 to No.3 with a 58 per cent sales decline.
Sniper Elite wasn’t the only new game this week – Codemasters’ Grid Autosport debuted at No.7, while Activision’s Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark launched at No.12.
Here are the Top Ten for the week ending June 28th.
1. Sniper Elite 3 (505 Games)
2. Watch Dogs (Ubisoft)
3. EA Sports UFC (EA)
4. Titanfall (EA)
5. Wolfenstein: The New Order (Bethesda)
6. FIFA 14 (EA)
7. Grid Autosport (Codemasters/Bandai Namco)
8. Call of Duty: Ghost (Activision)
9. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
10. Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition (Sony)