A new Splinter Cell game is due to arrive this year, according to an apparent 2012 Ubisoft release schedule. UPDATE: Ubisoft has rubbished said schedule.
If the list is to be believed, Assassin’s Creed III will arrive on PS3, 360, Wii U and PC, as expected, while Just Dance Final Party will also hit shelves this year. It also claims free-to-play title Ghost Recon Online will arrive on Wii U as well as PC.
The games are part of a supposed 2012 Ubisoft release schedule listed on Gameranx.
However, a Ubisoft statement read: "We’re thrilled and kind of amused to see this line-up news. It shows that players are anxious to hear about Ubisoft's upcoming releases. This reported line-up is inaccurate.
"We guarantee you that you’ll hear directly from us soon about the amazing variety of games Ubisoft has slated for fiscal year 2012-13."
The 2012 release schedule is as follows:
• Brothers in Arms: Furious 4 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows)
• Far Cry 3 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows)
• I Am Alive (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
• Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows)
• Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Online (Microsoft Windows, Wii U)
• Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Retribution (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows)
• Prince of Persia (Wii, 3DS)• Assassin's Creed 3 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, Microsoft Windows)
• Just Dance Final Party (Wii, Xbox 360, Playstation Move)