It's week five for The Last of Us at No.1. The PS3 exclusive continues to dominate and will continue to dominate because there's almost nothing out for retailers to sell this summer.
There was one game of note out this week, Nintendo RPG Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. The 3DS game makes No.3 and continues the fine run of decent games for the handheld platform, which has enjoyed a big uptick in sales thanks to a string of big releases.
Retailers have been cutting prices here, there and everywhere, too. As a result Aliens: Colonial Marines has crawled back into the Top Ten at No.10 (up 12 places).
Oh, and there was one other new game to talk about this week. At No.39 comes the second add-on to Civilization V – Brave New World.
The GfK Chart-Track Top 20 for Week 28:
1: The Last of Us – Sony
2: Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Nintendo
3. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros – Nintendo
4. FIFA 13 – EA
5. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition – Microsoft
6. Far Cry 3 – Ubisoft
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Activision
8. Assassin's Creed III – Ubisoft
9. Tomb Raider – Square Enix
10. Aliens: Colonial Marines – Sega
11. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary – Bethesda Softworks
12. LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes – Warner Bros
13. Need for Speed: Most Wanted – EA
14. Luigi's Mansion 2 – Nintendo
15. The Sims 3: Island Paradise
16. Deadpool – Activision
17. Grand Theft Auto IV – Rockstar
18. God of War: Ascension – Sony
19. Injustice: Gods Among Us – Warner Bros
20: LEGO: The Lord of the Rings – Warner Bros