This week's issue of MCV features the latest from the video game toy war and an interview with PS4's Mark Cerny.
The stage is set for a Skylanders vs Disney Infinity vs Angry Birds clash – and that's before Nintendo dated its toy-based Pokémon offering. Meanwhile, Cerny reveals why PS4 has made developers fall in love with Sony all over again.
Elsewhere we explain why a new report claiming Britain's games workforce has halved is wrong, why the Xbox One has revealed confusion about digital rights, and how Square Enix plans to revitalise its struggling Final Fantasy series.
Here's what you can look forward to in this week's issue:
- Rovio, Disney and Activision go to war over $1bn 'toys to life' market
- New report claims British games workforce has halved – find out why it's wrong
- PlayStation 4's lead architect Mark Cerny tells MCV about how the next-gen console has reignited industry passions for Sony
- Who's next for Britsoft IPO club?
- Xbox One DRM highlights digital rights confusion
- Develop Awards 2013: The winners in full
- How Square Enix will resurrect Final Fantasy's ailiing reputation
- Social media experts reveal how to master Twitter and Facebook
- AND! Previews of Saints Row IV and Welcome To The Punch
- Watch trailers for Angry Birds Star Wars II, Final Fantasy XV and Saints Row IV